THE 6 BEST MATTE LIPSTICKS FOR WHEN YOU CAN’T GET #LIPKITBYKYLIE
If you’ve been scouring the internet for Kylie Jenner’s Lip Kit, you are not alone. When her lipstick line was released last holiday season, it was sold out within minutes, and the same thing happened last Friday. You can get it on eBay, but you’ll be paying a lot more than $29. Luckily, there are other matte lipsticks out there on the market.
Matte is all the rage right now, and for good reason – it’s often long-lasting, and it has a look that’s a better fit for winter than the shimmery glosses that scream “summertime.”
The downsides of matte is that sometimes (read: drugstore lipsticks) they can dry out or feel flaky. The key to avoiding this is finding a good quality brand.
Here are 6 matte lipsticks that are good alternatives to #LipKitByKylie:
1. Pillbox Matte Lipstick by Shop Betches x Winky Lux – This cute, pocket-sized capsule is available in two shades, The Happy Pill (dark red) and The Chill Pill (neutral pink tones.)
2. Viva Glam Ariana Grande by Mac – It’s hard to resist anything designed by Ariana Grande. This lipstick is a deep plum.
3. Le Rouge by Givenchy – Available in 25 shades in the pinks/mauves/reds/corals family.
4. Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by Nars – The thin pencil allows more precision when applying, which is great if you have a shaky hand. Available in 18 shades.
5. Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick by Buxom – This line is also available in a satin finish if matte isn’t your thing all the time. It comes in 30 shades.
6. Everlasting Liquid Lipstick by Kat Von D – Perhaps the closest thing to Kylie’s line on this list, this matte comes in a liquid form. It comes in 29 shades, including black and dark blue, for when you’re feeling especially witchy.