Happy National Food Day! In honor of this momentous occasion, we’ve put together a checklist to help you determine whether or not you are ~truly~ obsessed with food:
You Know You’re Obsessed With Food When…
1. Going out to eat is the HIGHLIGHT of your week.
It’s Tuesday, but it’s really Just-Three-More-Days-Until-I-Get-My-Filet-Mignon-With-Bearnaise-Sauce-Day.
2. The day of the big event is spent researching the menu and daydreaming about the yummy food you are about to devour.
Oh, I’m sorry, did you think I was going to get any actual work done today? Why yes, that is my drool all over the keyboard. Move along, please.
3. You stare down the waitress until your food arrives.
Your play-by-play commentary rivals the best sport announcers. “She’s going to the kitchen….she’s got a tray, I repeat, SHE HAS GOT A TRAY, she’s walking over…yes…yes..almost…DAMN! She stopped at another table. Looks like they got the fish tacos, too! OMG they look so good!”
4. You’ve endured the internal struggle between wanting to order your favorite food and wanting to branch out and try something new.
But what if I try something new and it’s not as good?! But what if I get old faithful and miss out on something that’s even more delicious?! It’s a real Sophie’s choice.
5. Your Instagram is full of food pics.
Doesn’t matter if it’s a concert, family holiday, or your honeymoon in the Caribbean, your ‘gram is a memorial to all the food you had the honor of digesting.
6. You feel severe disappointment when you go out to eat with someone who’s on a diet.
Okay, great, but like, can we really not split the cheese fries?
7. You feel the need to sample everyone’s food.
Sharing is caring! Tasting everyone’s food is just a part of the experience!
8. You make dinner and manage to eat an entire portion during the cooking process.
I mean, all good chefs taste their food! I just wanted to make sure it was good!
9. You’ve experienced post-consumption depression when your meal ends.
Just five minutes ago a chipotle burrito was on this very plate, and now, it’s GONE.
10. You actually laugh when people tell you that “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”
Have you, like, ever heard of mozzarella sticks?
Hold your head up high food lovers! Remember, as Julia Child put it, “People who love to eat are always the best people.”
Jillian is part of the Contributing Writer Network at Thirty On Tap. To apply to become a Contributing Writer, please click HERE.