By De Elizabeth
It takes a certain kind of person to be a cat owner – and a cat lover. You have to understand – and really appreciate – their aloofness, independence, and downright quirky behavior. And, on some level, cat lovers “get it” because they are the same way, deep down. They know why their cats can go from purring machines to being on the warpath in less than five seconds, and they just kind of respect it. Cat owners definitely speak a certain language – one that those who don’t own cats might not understand.
So, with that, here are some things that only cat owners (and cat lovers) will truly, madly, deeply understand. Meow.
1. You don’t have an alarm clock. You have a cat.
Let’s be real; your cat decides when it’s time to get up. Not you. Not ever.
2. When the food is on the outer rim, the bowl is empty.
3. No matter how many cat beds or towers you buy, your cat will prefer to sleep on a cardboard box.
Yep. Every time.
4. Your cat decides when it’s work time.
And when you want to work, your cat will make sure that you don’t by sitting on your laptop.
5. Basically, your cat decides everything.
Silly human, now is not the time to play guitar.
6. There is no stopping your cat when he gets into hunting mode.
And nothing is off limits. Including your ankles.
7. But at the end of the day, cats are pretty great.
And they make excellent snuggle partners.
Tell Us: Why do you love your cat?