By Katie Lemons
Looking polished and put together does not have to break the bank. There are so many budget-friendly makeup products available that are surprisingly high quality. However, choosing to only buy from vegan makeup brands can prove to be an additional challenge. Most brands that test on animals are cheaper drugstore brands, so it can be hard to find products that work well and are cruelty-free. Here are the products that I have found that meet all of these criteria.
- Original: Benefit POREfessional Face Primer $31/Dupe: NYX Pore Filler $14
- Original: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation $39/Dupe: Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer $10
- Original: The BeautyBlender $20/ Dupe: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge $6
First, let’s start with the base. Even the most elaborate makeup look won’t have the desired impact without a fresh base underneath. NYX primer works amazingly at filling in large pores, mattifying your skin, and creating a smooth surface for the Milani foundation. The foundation builds up to a medium coverage and works wonderfully for normal to dry skin. The Real Techniques sponge is the perfect tool for effortless foundation application and leaving a natural finish.
- Original: Urban Decay Naked Palette $54/Dupe: Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 1 Palette $7
- Original: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner $22/Dupe: Milani Eye Tech Extreme $8
- Original: Anastasia Brow Wiz $21/Dupe: NYX Micro Brow Pencil $10
- Original: IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 Mascara $24/Dupe: ELF 3-in-1 Mascara $3
Now, it’s time for the fun part. Eye looks are where you can let your creative side shine. The Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 palette is a dead-on dupe for the Naked palette. The range of shades is versatile enough for a neutral daytime look or a smoky eye for a night out. The fine point of the Milani eyeliner makes creating a cat eye easy even for a total beginner, and your lashes will look super thick with the ELF mascara. Don’t forget to fill in your brows with the NYX brow pencil, which will help them perfectly frame your face.
- Original: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder $38/Dupe: NYX Mineral Finishing Powder $10
- Original: Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder $44/Dupe: NYX High Definition Blush in Taupe $7
- Original: Nars Orgasm Blush $30/Dupe: Milani Bakedd Blush in Dolce Pink $8
- Original: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer $24/Dupe: Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tiki $9
This is where the magic happens. To set your foundation and leave your face with a flawless finish, the NYX finishing powder is one of the best budget-friendly options. The NYX blush (more of a bronzer) in Taupe is a cool-toned powder that will carve out the most sculpted cheekbones. The Milani blush in Dolce Pink will add the perfect rosy shimmer, along with a luminous glow from the Hard Candy bronzer (actually a highlight) in Tiki.
- Original: Charlotte Tillbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk $34/Dupe: Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick in Perfect Match $4
- Original: Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Koko K $17/Dupe: Jordana Sweet Cream Matte Liquid Lip Color in Crème Brulee $5
- Original: MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red $19/Dupe: Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color in Stoplight Red $3
To finish off the look, choose the perfect nude lip or bright red statement lip color – whichever suits your style and personality the best. For the most natural look, the Essence lipstick in Perfect Match is the safest and most universally flattering choice. The Jordana liquid lip color in Crème Brulee has a soft pink tone, and the Wet N Wild in Stoplight Red is the bold, but classic option.
Total Cost of Original Products: $417
Total Cost of Dupe Products: $104
Total Savings: $313
In this case, the choice is easy! You’ll be using high quality products for a fraction of the cost, and still do your part in promoting the humane treatment of animals.
Katie is part of the Contributing Writer Network at Thirty on Tap. To apply to become a contributing writer, please click here.
Featured image via pexels